Java is Object Oriented Programming Language. It was first developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems, which is now a part of Oracle Corporation. It was released in 1995 as a part of Sun Microsystems' Java platform. The language has developed much of its syntax from C and C++.Java applications are usually compiled to bytecode (class file) that can run on any Java Virtual Machine (JVM). Java is currently one of the most popular programming languages being used. It has about 10 million users.
In general, A Language is a medium which is used to interact with other person
Here Programming Language is Language which is used to interact with the computer or electronic device by giving instructions ( commands ).
A computer program is a list of instructions that tell a computer what to do. Everything a computer does is done by using a computer program.
Some examples of computer programs: A web browser like Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari can be used to view web pages on the Internet.
Software is a general term for the various kinds of programs used to operate computers and related devices.
Basically There are two types of Softwares
1. System Software: System software (systems software) is computer software designed to operate and control the computer hardware and to provide a platform for running application software
Example: Operating system, Drivers, Compilers, Assemblers, Linkers etc...
2. Application Software: Application software (an application) is a set of computer programs designed to permit the user to perform a group of coordinated functions, tasks, or activities. Application software cannot run on itself but is dependent on system software to execute.
Example: Word processors, media players, Bank Applications, Games etc...
Basically There are three levels of Programming Language we have
1. High-Level Languages: High level languages are designed to be used by the human operator or the programmer. They are referred to as "closer to humans." In other words, their programming style and context is easier to learn and implement. The first high-level languages were introduced in the 1950's. Today, there are many high-level languages in use, including BASIC, C, C++, Cobol, FORTRAN, Java, Pascal, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Visual Basic.
2. Low-Level Languages: This Languages are very hard to learn, understand, debug, and maintain. This language are used to develop softwares which are used to mange the hardware components of the computer and also used for memory management. Low-Level Languages are appropriate for writing system software, like operating systems.
Example: Machine Language, Assembly Language
2. Middle-Level Languages: Middle level Languages are used to develop both System Software and Application Software.
Example: C, Cpp, Java
Translator is a software which is used to translate source code into machine code. There are 3 Types of Translators we have...
1. Compiler: A compiler is a computer program (or set of programs) that translates source code written in a programming language (the source language) into another computer language (the target language, often having a binary form known as object code).